Innovation and Research Summits
Advancing game-changing healthcare collaborations require secure forums for stakeholders to discuss and brainstorm; an environment where fragmentation, silos and inter-organizational competition can be put aside. As a nonprofit without proprietary interests, Vascular Cures is able to establish these multi-specialty, multi-stakeholder discussions and the development of collaborative solutions without a stake in the outcome – other than the benefit of patients.
Vascular Innovation and Research Summits bring together stakeholders across vascular health for shared brainstorming about better ways to collaboratively solve unmet patient needs.
- September 18, 2020 9am-1pm Pacific Time
Vascular Cures will bring together key thought leaders from prominent organizations to address a timely and critical challenge facing vascular care and research at the Virtual Innovation Summit
“Patient-Centered Technology for Harnessing & Using Data Remotely”
This is an invitation-only event. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in attending.
- In August 2020 we launched the first Vascular Innovation Series Webinar. This series of webinars is designed to tackle timely and critical questions that address patient-centric issues in vascular health. The first topic was Use of Patient-Centered Outcomes for Decision-making: Challenges of Using Subjective Data in Regulatory & Reimbursement. The conversation explored the natural tension between the importance of patient-centered outcomes and the challenges of utilizing that data for the approval and reimbursement of new products. A panel of leaders in regulatory, reimbursement and patient-centered outcomes participated in a 45-minute session of moderated discussion, followed by 15-30 minutes of Q&A. The webinar can be accessed here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlrSuwT04YY
- In 2018, the 2nd Annual Vascular Research Summit brought together 97 leaders from 56 institutions who convened to identify unmet scientific needs and brainstorm collaborative projects that will create and leverage research resources from institutions across the US. Learn more about the 2018 Research Summit here.
- In 2016, Vascular Research Summit was launched. 56 surgeon-scientists from 31 leading academic medical centers convened to identify unmet scientific needs and launch the Collaborative Patient-Centered Research (CPCR) Grants Program. This program was designed to stimulate high impact projects which are multi-institutional, create research assets that can be shared, and generate milestones within 1-2 years. Learn more about the 2016 Research Summit here.
- In 2014, the Vascular Innovation Summit brought together leaders from 17 organizations representing healthcare providers, researchers, industry, investors, and regulators. They identified the need for patient-reported outcomes data as a powerful way to improve both vascular research and healthcare decision-making. The outcome of these discussions was Project Voice, an innovative program focused on improving vascular outcomes through patient engagement.