Patient Partner Opportunity for Individuals with Chronic Limb Threatening Ischemia (CLTI)
Share your experience living with CLTI in a working group with doctors, researchers, and other patients.
- Do you have severe leg pain that impacts your daily life?
- Do you have wounds that are slow to heal?
- Did you recently find out that you were at risk of losing your limb because of poor circulation?
Chronic Limb Threatening Ischemia (CLTI) is the most severe form of peripheral artery disease (PAD). Patients should have a say in decisions made about their health. We want to engage patients as partners in the design of research studies. This project aims to create a one-of-a-kind CLTI working group. A working group is a group of people who work together to achieve a specific goal. Our goal is to understand how to increase patient engagement in CLTI research.
Vascular Cures wants to increase the role of CLTI patients in research, and we can’t do it without hearing your perspective.
Participants will be asked to join a two-year paid engagement project that includes:
- Three 2-hour virtual (online) meetings
- An all-day, in-person, working group meeting (in Spring 2022)
- 4 or 5 virtual training or empowerment calls per year (8-10 total)
Participants will receive:
- $50/hour for each working group meeting or activity attended
- An opportunity to travel in Spring 2022 for an in-person meeting. Vascular Cures will cover travel and hotel expenses for participant and caregiver (if needed).
We are looking for 10-12 individuals:
- Who have been diagnosed with chronic limb-threatening ischemia (CLTI), including people with Peripheral Artery Disease and severe limb pain.
- Family members, loved ones, and/or live-in caregivers impacted by CLTI
Recruitment starts 06-04-2021 and ends 08-13-2021
If you would like a printable version of this opportunity, download this flyer: Vascular Cures C.L.T.I. Engagement Opportunity
To find out more, or if you’re unsure if you meet the requirements, please fill out the intake form.