Making Every Breath and Heartbeat Count: About Vascular Cures
Vascular Cures is seeking someone who is entrepreneurial, collaborative and committed to innovation – just as we have been for over three decades. We are the only national nonprofit representing the tens of millions of people with vascular diseases outside the heart, a leading cause of death and disability. These include pulmonary embolisms, stroke, aneurysms and peripheral artery disease (PAD) among others.
Vascular Cures was founded by vascular surgeons from the University of California, San Francisco. We are committed to transforming vascular health by being the catalyst for collaborations that accelerate new solutions. Whether the topic is medical research, technology or new models for healthcare, our focus is on innovation that puts patients first, and empowering people in their vascular health journey.
In order to improve the health of millions of patients, Vascular Cures has launched collaborative initiatives including a program to leverage digital health. With deep expertise and a national network of patient-centered experts, we are the partner of choice for those seeking to transform vascular healthcare.
The Opportunity: We are seeking a passionate, strategic leader who can create and implement a multi-year development plan that builds a national presence and new level of financial sustainability. The Director of Development will have the desire, vision, and experience to be a full partner, expanding our individual giving and major gifts programs. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of building long term donor relationships and obtaining gifts and grants over $10,000 from individuals and foundations.
The Director of Development will report to the CEO and lead all fundraising activities including events, prospect cultivation, planned giving and grant writing. S/he will be supported by a grant writer and shared operations administrator who manages the donor database. We are looking for a creative, energetic development leader to advance initiatives that strengthen our national outreach.
Our Team: Collaborative, informal and small, we leverage our relationships with over 30 major medical centers across North America with a world-class board of advisors. Our Board of Directors includes highly accomplished leaders in healthcare, business and medicine.
Responsibilities: The Director of Development will set effective goals, develop key strategies and lead implementation of all campaigns and outreach efforts. Responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan to go from $1 million to $3 million in 3 years
- Develop solicitation and stewardship programs for major donors and oversee preparation of grant proposals to individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Train board members to cultivate and solicit individual prospects
- Advise on messaging and collateral development as they relate to gift development
- Direct all donor and fundraising special events
- Oversee all donor communications and recognition
- Passion for the mission of Vascular Cures with experience working as part of a small team with an entrepreneurial culture
- Proven track record of personally soliciting and securing new major gifts and grants
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 5 years of fundraising experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a small, fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail
- Confidence, flexibility, and the ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Self-motivating, self-managing individual who thrives on interactions with donors, stakeholders, and board members
- Strong strategic problem-solving skills, with the ability to address complex issues creatively and effectively, build trust and inspire confidence
- Experience in healthcare or medical research fund-raising
- A history of establishing and/or strengthening identity and brand awareness
- Success in high-level board training
We Offer: Generous compensation with a flexible schedule, with occasional weekend or evening responsibilities. We are operating as a virtual office with required team meetings in the San Francisco Bay Area twice a week.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to Katelyn Jackson, Operations Manager email@example.com
Vascular Cures is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, and evaluate all candidates based on merit.