Vascular Cures is at the forefront of patient-centered vascular research and health. We developed Project Voice to improve the health of the 8 -12 million patients in the US living with peripheral artery disease (PAD) or atherosclerosis of the legs. It leverages the expertise of leading national vascular health experts and incorporates widely available technology. Project Voice includes an easy-to-use digital tool that collects and manages medical and patient experience data, using a wearable fitness tracker and online user interface designed specifically for PAD patients, clinicians, and researchers.
The goal of Project Voice is to improve health outcomes by encouraging patients to manage their own health, and provide doctors with information reported directly by patients to improve disease management (“patient-reported outcomes”). In addition, it provides researchers with a tool to conduct PAD patient-reported outcomes research – an element of clinical studies that is increasingly required for regulatory approvals and reimbursement.
PAD is a chronic disease that affects about 10 million Americans, including up to 20% of people over 65. PAD costs $21 billion per year to treat and is a leading cause of disability and amputation, often resulting in death. Co-morbidities frequently include diabetes and heart disease. Advanced peripheral artery disease frequently requires repeat surgeries and hospitalizations, compromising patients’ lives and driving up their cost of care. Several widespread issues contribute to the high cost of PAD:
- Physical inactivity worsens symptoms, mobility and underlying disease
- Low patient engagement delays treatment and reduces compliance
- Lack of information limits patients’ understanding of their diagnosis and capacity for self-health management
- Intermittent monitoring delays time-sensitive intervention to prevent loss of vascular function
- Insufficient patient-reported data can lead to inappropriate treatment decisions and incomplete research results
Project Voice addresses all of these needs. The Project Voice program directly contributes to patient accountability and improved health management by:
- Measuring and motivating walking, which has proven medical benefit
- Improving disease management through community support, educational resources and patient-reported outcomes data
- Providing an early warning system for health problems that could quickly become disabling
A SPECIALIZED DIGITAL PLATORM
This 3-in-1 solution for PAD patients, clinicians and researchers includes wearable devices, health trackers, peer communities, online health surveys, and educational resources. The interface is accessible via mobile device or computers. Additional partner technologies or programs for these audiences are easily integrated.
Vascular Cures has a long track record and national network of experts in PAD treatment and research. Project Voice was designed with these leading vascular specialists. It tracks and compiles walking, quality of life and other health data that are most meaningful to PAD patients, clinicians and researchers. In addition, it has both educational resources and peer communities specifically geared to patients with PAD and diseases commonly associated such as heart disease and diabetes. These patient resources help people better understand their diagnosis and treatment options, and build confidence to partner with their doctors. Through increased knowledge and confidence, shared decision-making becomes possible.
By providing an integrated, richly resourced solution for patients and clinician/researchers, Project Voice goes far beyond fitness trackers and digital research tools provided on mobile devices. Both academic medical centers and industry may use it to gather patient-reported outcomes and quality of life data. Vascular Cures will both sponsor studies and promote third party use of Project Voice in clinical trials through its long-standing relationships at premier academic medical centers throughout the US.
Project Voice offers innovators the opportunity to advance business goals in a major healthcare market. We welcome participation by corporate and other stakeholders as sponsors. Benefits for sponsors include:
- Advisory board engagement with senior level stakeholders including KOLs, industry, patients, payers, and providers
- Access to national network of vascular experts
- Access to patients for trial recruitment, research and insights into the patient experience, as well as population data
- High visibility as a solution provider in vascular disease including education and patient engagement
- Co-development opportunities for technology and health programming
Given the association of PAD, diabetes and heart disease, partners in Project Voice can have an impact on multiple fields of healthcare. Vascular Cures has the ability to rapidly cycle development concepts and deploy solutions through its national network of prominent leaders in clinical care and research at major academic medical centers across North America.
To see the Project Voice brochure click here.