Walking can make a real difference for people with peripheral artery disease (PAD). Recent studies show that for many people with PAD, a structured walking program is one of the best treatments for reducing leg pain or cramps (claudication) when walking. In fact, studies show that over time a structured walking program is often more effective and can work better than medicine or surgery in helping people with PAD walk longer and further without having to stop due to pain.
A regular walking program will:
- Let you do more and stay active.
- Reduce stress and help you relax.
- Help you control your blood glucose, blood pressure, cholesterol, and body weight.
- Improve muscle tone.
- Lower your chances of having a heart attack or stroke.
- Give you peace of mind that you are taking care of your health.
Focus on Walking Flyer