Vascular Cures currently has the following position(s) open:
Director of Development
Vascular Cures - a Visionary Health Nonprofit (http://www.vascularcures.org)
About Vascular Cures: Aging and diabetes are leading to an epidemic of vascular diseases outside the heart such as stroke, peripheral artery disease (PAD), and aneurysms. Although deaths from heart attacks are declining, there is an epidemic of vascular disease, in part due to aging and skyrocketing diabetes and obesity. PAD alone affects 200 million people worldwide and has increased by 25% in the last decade.
Vascular Cures was founded in 1982 by two vascular surgeons at the University of California, San Francisco. Our mission is to innovate patient-centered research, catalyze breakthrough collaborations and empower people in their vascular health journey. Vascular Cures represents millions of people suffering from or at risk for vascular diseases for which there are inadequate treatment options. We are committed to transforming vascular health by being the catalyst for collaborations that accelerate new solutions.
In order to improve the health of millions of patients, Vascular Cures has launched both a vascular disease research consortium and collaborative digital health initiative. We bring together the world’s top researchers to serve thousands of people a year; we are the partner of choice for those seeking to transform vascular healthcare.
The Opportunity: We are seeking a passionate, strategic leader who can create and implement a multi-year development plan to grow our major donor program and our partnerships with corporations and foundations. The Director of Development will be an individual with the desire, vision, experience and commitment to be a full partner – a leader who is self-initiating and self-managing, while also genuinely collaborative and team-oriented. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of successfully building long-term donor relationships and obtaining gifts and grants over $50,000 from individuals, corporations and foundations.
As we transform the development of new treatments for patients, we seek to expand our national fundraising program. We are looking for a creative, energetic development leader to advance initiatives that strengthen our national presence and build a new level of financial sustainability.
Our Team: Collaborative, informal and small, we leverage our relationships with over 30 major medical centers across North America with a world-class board of advisors. Our Board of Directors includes highly accomplished leaders in healthcare, business and medicine.
Responsibilities: The Director of Development will contribute to the strategic plan for the national fundraising initiative and provide strategic leadership for all development efforts. S/he will set effective goals, develop key strategies and lead implementation of all campaigns and outreach efforts. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement a fundraising plan to support an annual budget of $5 million
- Develop stewardship programs for major donors and direct preparation of grant proposals to individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Train board members to cultivate and solicit individual prospects
- Advise on messaging and collateral development as they relate to gift development
- Actively identify, cultivate, and solicit current and potential corporate, foundation, and individual high net worth donors
- Direct all donor and fundraising special events
- Oversee all donor communications and timely recognition of all donors
- Passion for the mission of Vascular Cures with experience working in a small team with high standards, integrity and an entrepreneurial culture.
- Proven track record of personally soliciting and securing new major gifts and grants
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 7 years of fundraising experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a small, fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.
- Confidence, flexibility, and the ability to lead, plan and manage change are essential
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), public speaking and presentation skills.
- Self-motivating, entrepreneurial individual with outstanding interpersonal skills to develop and cultivate positive relationships with donors, stakeholders, and board members
- Strong strategic problem-solving skills, with the ability to address complex issues creatively and effectively, build trust and inspire confidence.
- Exposure to the medical research or healthcare community
- A history of establishing and/or strengthening identity and brand awareness
- Success in high-level board training
We Offer: Generous compensation with a flexible schedule. We are currently operating as a virtual office with required team meetings in the Bay Area twice a week. This position may be dedicated consulting or full-time with occasional weekend or evening responsibilities.
Vascular Cures is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from all individuals regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, and evaluate all candidates based on merit.